Autore Topic: I hope to say : HELLO  (Letto 2763 volte)

Not4Hire

• Visitatore
I hope to say : HELLO
« il: Febbraio 26, 2004, 04:36:49 Gio »

Riccardo and Zaira....please help me here?

To my Italian friends that I have yet to meet and know...

My name is Steve Lichens (known on the internet site CH.com and on OUCH-USA as *Not4Hire*) and I am the President of OUCH-USA.... I would first like to apologize for my  bad manners in that I have taken so long to say Hello to all of you: my fellow sufferers of this terrible condition.

I hope that, as you read this, you are Pain Free and that you NEVER have another headache. Unfortunately, this is probably not what will happen.  But I want you, my friends, to know that some very important progress has been made to help us.  I cannot, at this time, give you very many details, because I do not HAVE these details.

We have made some very important connections with doctors and organizations who are very interested in this awful thing that robs us of our lives as normal people. Tools are being forged to help us fight.

We need your support--and I want you all to know that you have OUR support for YOUR efforts. I hope to be able to give you GOOD NEWS in the months to come...that things are being done to defeat the Beast. So that we may be *veterans* of this bastard---and not always *combatants*.....

I wish all of you the best of luck in this fight..... and I pray that WE find a cure very soon,

My best regards to you all....... Steve(N4H)

Offline Riccardo

• Socio Ouch
  • Utente beato
  • Si', lo ammetto, colleziono ed amo gli Stetson....
Re:I hope to say : HELLO
« Risposta #1 il: Febbraio 26, 2004, 07:43:04 Gio »
Steve, thanks.

In these last years, also for the efforts of we ...poor clusterheads, doctors seem more interested to our problem. May be because they have no more profitable illnesses than CH, but also pharmaceutical groups works more on us.

We, for sure, can only be happy for this (whatever the main purpose...). So, I agree with you, and we'll fight with the maximum strength against our little "PET".

And yes, I have heard that something is moving. May be a year, may be 10, but we will have NOT to see our children to run around the table, to pace, to cry, to bang the head. I am happy enough for this.

Thanks for the good words, and, for the record, this year I "jumped" the cycle again, so I am PF from last March. You know... Zaira wasn't so lucky... and is experiencing a very bad cycle "chronic like" ....

Ciao Steve, and thanks

Riccardo Pentenero
Fondatore e 1° Presidente OUCH Italia (onlus)
Ricky si è spento il 28 Gennaio 2009 lasciando un grande vuoto nei nostri cuori

Offline Lucius

• Utente biotronico
  • We'll kill you, beast!
« Risposta #2 il: Febbraio 26, 2004, 13:11:55 Gio »
Hi Steve, thank you for the visit and the nice post.
We all have hopes in new discoveries and new therapies, until then, we'll keep fighting the beast with all our efforts.

Of course we'll support you and of course we need to be supported by you. Ouch is something without frontiers, it made us feel not alone anymore, and this for me has been the best discovery ever done.

Hoping to become veterans soon, I wish you the very best PFDAN! ;)

Luciano.

Luciano Patrucco
O.U.C.H. Italia
Referente I.C.H.A. (International Cluster Headache Alliance)

Offline ZAIRA

• Utente sublime
« Risposta #3 il: Febbraio 26, 2004, 14:19:28 Gio »
[size=15]Hi Steve!!! :)

Never apologize, you are welcome here!

Thanks for your nice words, me too I have read that something is moving.

Maybe there will be not a solution for our disease, I have always a positive view of our CH… such an ironic blend of human suffering and joy… I don’t see one way out.

The fact that someone deals with CH gives me hope, if not for us, maybe for our children... I really hope that someone brings us a cure someday...

But until than we have to go on and kick the son of a bitch in the ass every chance we get!  >:( >:(

Let us know when you have some news, OUCH Italia can offer support. Me the first :D :D. Hope to meet you in person in Nashville, you know I and Luciano are coming... So we can speak about it. ;D

Be well, be PF…. Lots of love, Zaira
[/size]( your chronic sis in a very rough time :( )